Tuesday 30 September 2014

Oh No I'm playing in Cambridge on Saturday 4th Oct 2014


31 days 13 hours 26 mins to go

I have been rehearsing today, trying to work out a set to play at my solo acoustic gig in Cambridge at the weekend. It will be a balance of new and old songs and I must say I am really looking forward to it. It is at the Portland Arms,
I have played there before with the Neurotics and I am really looking forward to returning.


'Oh no' was one of my earliest songs with the Newtown Neurotics and it was very much based on the sort of structure the Ramones used for their songs, hence it was very short. We played it for many years and I have always loved its simplicity and melody.

Recently started playing it live again on tour in Brazil and it also works quite well acoustically too.
It was about living in Harlow before punk gave us all a reason to live.
It was about being bored and broke and trying to get some confidence as a young man who was both shy and directionless.
I don’t know what would have happened to me if there was no punk explosion, I dread to think as I don’t think it would have been good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.