Friday 10 October 2014

Without love we are nothing, without hate we can achieve anything!

21 days 22 hours 27 mins to go…

Fools (‘b’ side of Suzi is a Heartbreaker).

I haven’t played this song live for many, many years, maybe I should revive it? I love the record!
This is an anti-fascist song. When I came to write something to express my loathing for fascists it occurred to me that their twisted reasoning was so driven by hatred that I could not conceive the possibility that any of them could truly love or feel love. Their lack of empathy with people or the inability to recognise how the strings of power and privilege connect to them causing them to jiggle like marionettes with stiff right arms, made me realise that the core of the song ‘Fools’ should not be about hate but should be about love. In the cynical punk eighties this would be the last thing you’d expect from a punk rock band but we never pandered to expectations.

Without love we are nothing, without hate we can achieve anything!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.